Valutazione discussione:
  • 0 voto(i) - 0 media

Consigli dal Camp (Luglio 2019)

È iniziato il nuovo Camp NaNoWriMo e, ovviamente, io vi sto partecipando. (Non che abbia mai smesso di scrivere negli ultimi mesi. LOL) Come ho fatto ad aprile, in questo topic vi posterò le citazioni più belle del Camp Care Package. Perché le trovo dannatamente utili per uno scrittore!

Citazione:After all, if there’s one thing we all know, it’s how we feel. Don’t feel like writing today? Write about that. Somewhere in your story, there is a character who doesn’t feel like doing something (A cloud that doesn’t feel like making rain. A detective who doesn’t feel like solving their case.) Same with being bored or frustrated or anxious or just sad. Your emotions are your strongest writing allies. And when you write from a place of real feelings, your reader will feel it, too.
Author Kat Yeh
Cita messaggio

Citazione:Stuck? Try this: Grab a pen and paper. Set a timer for 3 minutes and when it starts—just write. Write without lifting your pen and don’t stop no matter what. Attack the scene that’s bugging you. Don’t worry that anyone will ever see it. This is just for you. Be loose and free and write every thought that comes to mind—how you feel about being stuck, your character, their situation. Even if it makes no sense, keep writing. You never know who or what may show up. Because, when you truly let loose, you’ll find hidden gems.
Author Kat Yeh
Cita messaggio

Citazione:Did you ever read a book and just feel so glad it exists?

Or maybe it was a single scene or one minor character who wandered in and out just long enough to connect with you.

At some point in your life, a story helped you feel Not Alone.

Because it rang true.

And something you write could do that for someone else out there. People respond to and connect with stories that feel vulnerable and honest. Whether they are sci-fi or mystery or romance or any genre.

So, go write your truth. Someone’s waiting for it.
Author Kat Yeh
Cita messaggio

Oggi ho deciso di lasciarvi un gioiellino proveniente dal Camp dell'anno scorso:

Citazione:“I’m too stressed to write. I’m afraid I’m going to fail.” Play your music louder. Get lost in it. Get lost in your words and your story. Fight the voices in your head, for just thirty minutes if that’s all you can manage. Take a short break, and then do it again. And again. And again and again and again. Until you write THE END.
Helen Hoang
Cita messaggio

Citazione:Keep a notebook by your bed to write down anything you remember from your dreams. Even just feelings or images. Dreams are what happens when your brain free associates new information with the stuff it has in storage. It isn’t worried about what anyone might think of what it comes up with. It’s just putting images and ideas together in random ways. Trying out things for future use.

A lot of famous books have come from dreams.

Experiment with thinking and writing about your story in your notebook before you go to sleep. And see what happens.
Author Kat Yeh
Cita messaggio

Citazione:Whenever I’m frustrated and uninspired while drafting, I remind myself: You cannot revise a blank page. A first draft is raw material. It’s not supposed to be pretty. It’s not supposed to be perfect. It doesn’t even have to be coherent! It just has to exist. This is why NaNoWriMo worked so well for my perfectionist brain. It let me focus on something less terrifying than "Write A Good Book" while I was still trying to push out the first draft.
Kat Zhang
Cita messaggio

Citazione:Even the most Fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants writer can ease the way while drafting by doing what I think of as "mini-synopses". If plotting out your whole book isn’t your style, but you find yourself writing yourself into corners or staring at a blank page, try describing what’ll happen next in a stream-of-consciousness, synopsis-style paragraph or two. You can even stick in dialogue. This allows you to see the shape of the next few chapters (and possibly realize some sticking points!) before you commit to writing out everything in detail.
Kat Zhang
Cita messaggio

Citazione:While reading good books is a great way to stay inspired as you write, sometimes inspiration strikes even better if you immerse yourself in a different medium of storytelling. I learn so much about writing from watching television, or movies, or going to a ballet. How does each medium use similar or differing techniques to get their stories across to the audience? How can you use these same techniques in your novel?
Kat Zhang
Cita messaggio

Citazione:Character arcs and plot should be closely intertwined—each should affect the other. Does your plot push your character to develop and change? And does your character’s growth allow them to then make decisions that shape the plot?
Kat Zhang
Cita messaggio

Citazione:Writing a first draft can be a lot of fun because at this point, anything can happen in your story. But for this same reason, it can also feel really daunting. Whenever I get overwhelmed by the possibilities, I go back to the basics. What was the initial kernel that made me want to write this book? A theme I wanted to explore? A character I wanted to bring to life? A relationship I wanted to write? Re-centering myself with this reminder of what made me fall in love with this story idea to begin with can be really helpful in deciding where to go next.
Kat Zhang
Cita messaggio

Vai al forum:

Utenti che stanno guardando questa discussione: 1 Ospite(i)